Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dasilva13
New Contributor

FortiManager Newbie

I am new to the FortiManager device and was wondering what the best way everyone learned the device? was there one of the classes from FortiNet or good cookbook they used?
3 REPLIES 3
neonbit
Valued Contributor

They way I learned is by downloading the VM image from the support site and running it in a lab :) The VM gives you 14days free access, and you can request a 60day trial if you' d like more (or just reload a new VM).
Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

When we first purchased the FMG had a Fortinet Engineer onsite to help us with getting the Authenticator online so I stole a couple hours for the FMG. However the best advice he gave was a either start using it on a lab unit, or in our case, create a couple of extra VDOM' s on our DR cluster and play with those. But if you' re comfortable the Fortigate interface it isn' t too hard to pickup the Managers interface, just don' t overreach, ie; don' t go turning on all features at once. And for specific questions these forums are great. Regards, Matthew
dasilva13
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I am going to load up the VM and hack away at it. I will ask questions here if any should arise!
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors