Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JonasV
New Contributor III

FortiGate transition from zones to SD-WAN zones

Hi Fortinet community

I’m currious to hear if anyone has experience or would share their journey towards SD-WAN / SD-WAN zones from a running production FortiGate.

I’m managing serveral firewall, all currently build with “normal” interface added to zones etc.

FortiOS v6.4.9

FMG v7.0.3

The interfaces and zones are all referencer in many different policies.

I do manage all FortiGates via FortiManager.

I’d like to add the interfaces / VPN-interfaces from zones to SD-WAN zones, to start using some the SD-WAN features i.e performance SLA for best egress port.

Many of our FortiGates have Dual ISP connection (WAN1 + WAN2) and redundante IPSec / ADVPN tunnels and using BGP for dynamic prefix announcements.

However, as I can see - I can’t just move an interface from a zone to a SD-WAN zone, without removing it from the zone first.
Then I have to deal with the change to all the IPv4 policies in regards to source / destination interface, where the SD-WAN needs to replace the old zones.

Has anyone done this in a smart / easy way via FMG?

Can I just clone the policy packet, and replace the zones with the SD-WAN zones and preb the device DB with the new settings as well, and push it all to the gates in one go?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Kind regards
1 REPLY 1
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jonas,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors