Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DeerTracks3512
New Contributor II

FortiGate 90E - lost access

Hello,

I'm attempting to access an old FortiGate 90E that I had setup. I hooked up the console cable and was able to access it via putty using my old credentials. I attempted to use the command found in some documentation. 

CLI Commands

https://help.fortinet.com/fauth/5-3/Content/Admin%20Guides/5_3%20Admin%20Guide/200/204_CLI_commands....

netmask342245.PNG

It seems like this command wasn't recognized. 

port.png

Here is the version of the firewall.

port1.png

I'm pretty certain the firewall used to be configured so that someone could access the GUI through one of the ports on the firewall, but I cannot remember which port it could be. Is there a way for me to list the IPs each port is assigned to? What is the best way for me to access this firewall without messing up the configuration to much? 

Thank you! 

1 Solution
AlexC-FTNT

you may have "multi-vdom" enabled in FortiGate, so try first to run "config global", then run the commands above

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DeerTracks3512

Thank you for this response. I'm pretty certain that this account does have full privileges. Here is the output from the commands you specified. Is there anyway for me to explore all the users that are registered with this firewall? 

port3.PNG

AlexC-FTNT

you may have "multi-vdom" enabled in FortiGate, so try first to run "config global", then run the commands above

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
DeerTracks3512

Yes. This was the issue! Thank you. I've been able to execute commands now. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors