Fortinet Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor II

FortiGate 70F?

I just heard a rumor about 70F to replace 60F due to chip shortage. But I can't find anything online yet. Does anyone have more detail of this?

Thanks,

Toshi

3 REPLIES 3
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Besides the fact that 70F is not announced and no specs are publicly available, what is your concern regarding this change? Hypothetically speaking, if the existing 60F was replaced by a 70F through an RMA process if/after the customer agrees, I would personally consider this a free upgrade (certainly, thinking that the performance exceeds the 60F). And on a side-note: why would there be new chips for a new unit, and no manufactured chips for existing units/or units is stock?

"my 2 chips" :)

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor II

The first thing comes to my mind is HA situation with multiple 60Fs. If one is RMAed, can it be replaced with a 70F? My guess is it can't.

I'm assuming everything from outside would look the same including all ports. I just want to confirm.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor II

Still preliminary info at this time. Probably need to wait until Q3.
https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortigate-70f-series.pdf

Toshi