Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NFR_Solutions
New Contributor

FortiClient "Always Up" License ?

Hello,

I use for many years Forticlient free version ( VPN Only) to connect my clients for it support.

For some time for new created connection i can't flag always up checkbox. the client tell me this error:

This feature is unavailable in free versions of FortiClient. You can upgrade to the full version of FortiClient to access this feature. Contact sales to upgrade.

But old connection ( previously configured ) the flag is checked and if try remove it i recevie same error:

This feature is unavailable in free versions of FortiClient. You can upgrade to the full version of FortiClient to access this feature. Contact sales to upgrade.

The Fortigate i connect haven't any license ( some only warranty ).

same thing on PC or MAC.

I' ve tried to uninstall, remove with fortinet tool "fcremove" and reinstall but some thing.

I nedd to enable this "always up" because when i'm connected to intermittent internet connection this flag reconnect vpn autoatically.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
mateo22it
New Contributor

Hi,

why do you use version of Forticlient higher than 6.0.x if you use only for SSL VPN? New version 6.2.x or 6.4.x has lot of features paid. 

NFR_Solutions

Hi,

you are right, normally I always download the latest version ...

i' ve tried to uninstall 6.4 and reinstall 6.0 and now always up is available without any probelms. thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors