Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tobias02
New Contributor

FortiClient problem and proposed workaround

Hello there,

we're quite frustrated as our management users are frustrated too every morning after using VPN.

It's almost a rule that they lack internet access when they come back to work, because I better censored myself now.

The FortiClient SSLVPN, regardless of version, disables (yes, DISABLES) the DNS Client Service. If the user does not leave VPN properly (and he won't 'cuz he's a manager, director of The Globe), the service is never started again. And since FortiGate proxy requires DNS to properly authenticate the user on his device (this is I censored myself again), it won't authenticate him. He'll a get a stupid never ending popup for credentials.

Do you realize that due to this stupidity, managers think we are just a bunch of monkeys?

Do you realize that due to this stupidity, IT Administrators think you are just a bunch of monkeys too?

Do you realize it discourages users from even using the laptop at home? I do, and I propose a CHANGE.

What is the difference between DISABLING and STOPPING the service? System won't restart the service automatically unless the system is restarted, which is a NUMBER ONE troubleshooting point.

Could it be, that the future FortiClient would only STOP the service and NOT DISABLE it? It would help a lot and should have no (d)effect on FortiClient's functionality.

Thank you sincerely! I hope you'll improve the user experience as well as the IT Administrators experience because I'm the "fresh and young" IT and in my eyes working with Fortinet products is just a nightmare. Like with Microsoft products. Yet I am a fan of yours and I hope you'll improve. There's a hell of a room available. :)

Kind regards,

Tomas

1 REPLY 1
tobias02
New Contributor

Well, thank you for improving your products.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors