Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mark_major
New Contributor II

FortiClient offline installer

Hello,

Where can we find offline installers for FortiClient, please?  I.E. this version and all future versions.

Often the process of the FortiClient installer connecting to the server and obtaining the files is the longest part of a job.  At least if we had an offline installer, we could anticipate how long the file would take to transfer or do it as a background process, etc.  My current install (update) to FortiClient on a remote laptop has taken half an hour to get to 15%.

Thanks,

Mark

3 Solutions
Fullmoon

mark.major@thecotswoldgroup.co.uk wrote:

Hi,

Sometimes I (and the end user) am waiting 10+ minutes for the 'retrieving servers' and 'downloading' stages of the online installer.  This could all be avoided if I could just grab an offline installer from the Fortinet site via the end-users home Internet or silently transfer an offline installer via TeamViewer/VPN in advance.  It is not at all productive for them or myself to watch an installer download stuff for up to 20 minutes.

Oh well,

Mark

same sentiments bro. :(

Fortigate Newbie

View solution in original post

Fortigate Newbie
smeeagain

hi,

I had same problem for ages and i have it right now, being away from my work place, withonly a wan connexion, and i dont have the credentials for login in with my organisation licence...

Like said above online installer is most of time very slow, that is a fact, that is very annoying when deploying this to a end user.

So why not provide a faster way to get the FC ?

I dont understand this...

Especially when you only just need to download it once, check your temporary files in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Temp when the 'real setup' is engaging and get the FortiCLIENTVPN.exe file generated by the online installer, which is the full setup.

That 's it, you got an offline installer...

Thank you

st3fan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the workaround. Pity Fortinet made it unnecessarily complicated.

32 REPLIES 32
tapdoanelip
New Contributor

https://elip.vn/

Tập đoàn Elip Việt Nam được thành lập và hoạt động trên 15 năm, hoạt động trong nhiều lĩnh vực như: Sản xuất máy móc công nghiệp, thiết bị luyện tập thể thao
Tập đoàn Elip Việt Nam được thành lập và hoạt động trên 15 năm, hoạt động trong nhiều lĩnh vực như: Sản xuất máy móc công nghiệp, thiết bị luyện tập thể thao
tapdoanelip
New Contributor

https://ladydeep.net/

Download very slow Forti Client version online

sw2090
Honored Contributor

if you have a device registered with fortinet that has a valid forticare license you have access to all the FortiClient Installers for download in the firmware download section in the support portal...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors