Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
srappaport
New Contributor

FortiClient licensing

I' m used to using pre 4.3 FortiClient along with VPL files and managing each client at each individual PC, so I' m a bit confused about FC 5.0 and licensing/registration. It seems my 100D running 5.0.2 shows on the Dashboard that I' m allowed 10 FortiClients. If I want to use more than 10 (and this is for IPSEC VPN only - no AV/endpoint security), do I really need to purchase more licenses when I never had to in the past? Or is this only if I want to be able to manage FC users from the FortiGate itself? Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris_Lin_FTNT

Fortinet customer support should be able to answer your question.
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

It seems my 100D running 5.0.2 shows on the Dashboard that I' m allowed 10 FortiClients. If I want to use more than 10 (and this is for IPSEC VPN only - no AV/endpoint security), do I really need to purchase more licenses when I never had to in the past? Or is this only if I want to be able to manage FC users from the FortiGate itself?
If you only use the VPN feature without doing the Endpoint management stuff such as using EC for deploying/managing the endpoint configuration profiles...then you don' t need to buy extra license... LC
Ling Lu
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors