Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JustinRomano
New Contributor

FortiClient install causing DCOM errors and freezing my RDP session to work PC

After a recent Windows 10 Update on my work PC My RDP connection to work now freezes with intermittently with a bunch of the following messages

The server-side authentication level policy does not allow the user MYDOMAIN\Fortinet.80ERouter SID
    (S-1-5-21-4193486979-3807123109-2170433536-3461) from address 192.168.200.200 to activate DCOM server. Please raise
    the activation authentication level at least to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_PKT_INTEGRITY in client application.

Even after uninstalling the client from my work PC, I still get this freezing behaviour.
I'm pretty sure this is what's locking up my connection as even after uninstalling the client I still have the registry user
"MYDOMAIN\Fortinet. 80 E Router SID (S-1-5-21-4193486979-3807123109-2170433536-3461)"
under HKEY_USERS
I would have thought this would be removed with the uninstall.
I'm assuming this user is added with the install of FortiClient?
I don't want to have to reinstall windows on my work PC.
Please how to I completely remove FortiClient.

2 REPLIES 2
JustinRomano
New Contributor

SOLVED. Turned out to be a red herring. Actual issue was My home PC had an unused FortiClient interface from before we switched to MFA. I just disabled this and it fixed my issue.

JustinRomano
New Contributor

SOLVED: Turned out to be a red herring. Actual issue was My home PC had an unused FortiClient interface from before we switched to MFA. I just disabled this and it fixed my issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors