Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
padi
New Contributor III

FortiClient allow users to add exclusions

Hi

I'm looking for an option to allow users to add paths and files to exclusions list in FortiClient by them self.

We use FortClient EMS 7.0.2 an FortiClient 7.0.2.0090 and 7.0.6.0290.

On the client site in FortiClient I can see there are buttons on the Malware Tab > Settings to add Exclusions:

padi_0-1660720172956.png

But they are greyed out.

In EMS I can't find any option in the profiles to allow users to add paths or files. The only thing is to add the path in the profile:

padi_1-1660720319858.png

Does some one know how to allow users to add paths and files by them self?

Thanks

Patric

1 Solution
AEK
Honored Contributor

Logically talking, excluding files & folders from malware scan seems for me a prerogative for EMS admin, not for user. This is probably why it is greyed for users.

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
4 REPLIES 4
AEK
Honored Contributor

Logically talking, excluding files & folders from malware scan seems for me a prerogative for EMS admin, not for user. This is probably why it is greyed for users.

AEK
AEK
padi
New Contributor III

Yes and no, you could still config that only a group of users are able to add files or folders to exclusion list. And if its not the idea, that users can handle this by them self the buttons shouldn't be visible.

padi
New Contributor III

For your information, i've asked the Forti Support an they confirmed that when FortiClient is connected to EMS, the user can't add paths or files by them self.

peisenberg
Staff
Staff

Hi @padi 

There is no option for user to achieve requested with managed FCT. Please submit New Feature Request via Fortinet Sales Engineer if you still need this feature. 
hope this help
Pavol 

Thanks
Pavol 

TAC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors