Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mjungowski
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN on macOS - two-factor authentication text input box inactive

This regression happened with a recent update of FortiClient VPN, some time between 6.2 and 6.4.

Before, when the two-factor authentication input box appeared it did so right underneath the password input box and was always pre-selected for me to type in my token right away. Now, a modular window pops up with a single text box for me to type in my token. The first time after I launch FortiClient VPN and connect to my Fortigate firewall this input box is in focus with the text box preselected but starting with the second connection it is no longer selected. I have to manually click into the text box to type in my token every single time.

Pretty annoying to be honest. Happens with all 6.4 and 7.0 clients. Any ideas? If not is there a way to download an older version of FortiClient VPN, such as 6.2 or 6.3?

1 REPLY 1
AEK
Honored Contributor

Try use TAB key to quickly switch to the input box.

Otherwise try to find old FortiClients here: https://filestore.fortinet.com/forticlient/

The page is in xml but you can use it to reconstruct the download URLs.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors