Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
erosner
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN disconnect occasionally during remote session

Hello,

Very happy with the ForitClient VPN for the purpose of remote desktop to my office computer.

Lately, after updating the Client to version 7.0.1.0083 , I noticed that every time I leave my PC for few minutes (making me some coffee) when I return the VPN is disconnected. This is something new that didn't occur while using the previous version.

I attach a logfile with few occurrences of disconnection.

Basically what I see in the log file is:

10/1/2021 10:17:33 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 36320: error: poll_send_ssl ->SSL_get_error(): 5, try:1 10/1/2021 10:17:33 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 36320: error: poll_send_ssl -> [style="background-color: #ffff00;"]WSAGetLastError():2745[/style], try:1 10/1/2021 10:17:33 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 36320: error: poll_send_ssl ->data size: 51, try:1 10/1/2021 10:17:33 AM error sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 36320: [handle_driver_read_event]: error: poll_send 10/1/2021 10:17:35 AM info sslvpn FortiSslvpn: 26580: Ras: connection to fortissl terminated

Searched for this: WSAGetLastError():2745  and found this in FORTINET:

FortiClients can sometimes have connection issues with SSLVPN. This sometimes includes error messages as follows:

Error    VPN    FortiSslvpn: 2148: error: poll_send_ssl -> WSAGetLastError():2745, try:1 Error    VPN    FortiSslvpn: 10908: error: poll_recv_ssl -> WSAGetLastError():2746

These errors are Windows Socket event errors, expressed in hexadeximal format. WSAGetLastError():2745, is the equivalent of error code 10053.

And the error code 10053 in Windows socket error codes list:

WSAECONNABORTED10053Software caused connection abort.An established connection was aborted by the software in your host computer, possibly due to a data transmission time-out or protocol error.

So, it seems like something in my Host computer that disconnect the connection.

What should I look for? Any idea? 

Thanks for your help,

Eylon

13 REPLIES 13
ccn-techsupport
New Contributor

Is there any solution to this problem? We are facing the same issue? 

KrystianNet
New Contributor

We have same issue.

Did You find out any solution for this?

We were trying on muliple FC versions. Same result for random workstations.

jzaka
New Contributor

We have the same issue.  I was wondering if anybody found a solution to this issue?

We have multiple FC versions. The error below seems to be common denominator.  Thank you.

"sslvpn   FortiSslvpn: 15780: error: WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053)"

Arzka
New Contributor II

Just identical with my case...Still no ideas?

JTOLvF2
New Contributor II

I am currently looking into this issue as well. Some things we have noticed however is that this is happening exclusively to users with a cable connection xfinity/comcast/spectrum. All disconnects are proceeded by WSAEnumNetworkEvents FD_CLOSE (10053). After switching to another provider even a hotspot the connection is stable for the user and no longer disconnects.

Edoardo76
New Contributor II

Someone have idea how to fix it?

Arzka
New Contributor II

In my case, upgrading client to  7.0.6 helped a lot.

Edoardo76
New Contributor II

we still have it with 7.0.7 :(

miciti
New Contributor

We had to activate "DTLS Tunnel" in FortiClient settings to get a stable connection. Maybe that works for you too

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors