Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dschroed
New Contributor

FortiClient Real Time Protection

I'm setting up a forticlient enterprise management server and the forticlient agents on the computer show real time protection is disabled.  The correct profile is assigned to the group and the Scan Files as They Are Downloaded or Copied to My System option is enabled on the profile.  Any suggestions why real time protection wont enable?

6 REPLIES 6
jcarroll
New Contributor

I am having the same issue.  What is the solution?

SahilTalwar

Try this:-

1. Verify the endpoint profile pushed to the clients

2. Under the specific endpoint profiles, disable the malware protection and save the settings.

3. After few minutes(~3-4mins) enabled the malware protection and save the settings again.

4. check the endpoints for updated settings applied.

Cheers!

SahilTalwar

2. Under the specific endpoint profiles, disable the malware protection and save the settings.

3. After few minutes(~3-4mins) enabled the malware protection and save the settings again.

Cheers!

SahilTalwar

Cheers!

SahilTalwar

Cheers!

creno
New Contributor

i ran into this problem last year - the problem with real time protection not enabling is due to the system's WMI seeing a previous antivirus installed. We removed Avast from several machines to install FortiClient and after hours of troubleshooting, the Windows WMI just needed to be cleared via powershell to show only Windows Defender as its antivirus. Uninstall and reinstall FortiClient after this and real time protection will enable. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors