Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MakaraMEAS
New Contributor II

FortiClient EMS Install on EMS Server itself always disconnect after connect 2-5 minutes

Dear community/experts,

I would like to initiate this topic, as notice that when we install FortiClient EMS on EMS Server itself it always disconnect from EMS after connect 2-5 minutes. If someone has experience on that please kindly share or advise how we can fix this issue? anyway EMS Server we should install FortiClient EMS or not?

BR, Thanks,
Makara

Work, Live, Play, Learn
Work, Live, Play, Learn
9 REPLIES 9
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello MakaraMEAS,

I have found this document which could relply to your question:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/277d2fce-daf9-11e9-8977-005056...

Could you please tell me if it helped?

If not, we will continue to find a solution for you.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
MakaraMEAS

Could you advise the keyword you mention? I cannot find i.

Work, Live, Play, Learn
Work, Live, Play, Learn
gapierce
New Contributor II

Same issue here and haven't been able to find a solution.

peisenberg
Staff
Staff

Hi @MakaraMEAS 

Could you please describe your issue a bit more in detail ? You wrote : when we install FortiClient EMS on EMS Server itself it always disconnect from EMS after connect 2-5 minutes. 

Do you mean you install Forticlient to your server where is EMS running ? 

Forticlient components scope are limited for usage with server.
Could you please check you installed Forticlient to EMS server with supported components only ?  
For Microsoft Windows Server, FortiClient (Windows) supports the Vulnerability Scan, SSL VPN, Web Filter, and antivirus (AV) features, including obtaining a Sandbox signature package for AV scanning. 

If you deploy FCT to EMS with application firewall please uninstall FCT from the server and deploy with supported features only. 
Then verify your issue again.

Hope this help. 

Pavol 

TAC
gapierce
New Contributor II

I have EMS running on a Windows Server 2019 VM hosted locally.  When I install FortiClient on the same machine (to protect it as well), it will initially connect to essentially itself via IP or FQDN, but within a few minutes it disconnects and cannot reconnect.  FortiClient is still installed, just not sending or receiving telemetry. This is the only machine it occurs on, all other devices it connects fine.

peisenberg

@gapierce 
can you check my previous post ? please verify installed  FCT components... (you can select/unselect them when you create new installer in ems ... )
Pavol

TAC
MakaraMEAS

@peisenberg
When EMS Server itself connect status is up only 2-5 minutes, so what is the recommend or best practice to install FortiEMS to protect EMS Server itself? what is the features require to enable if we wish to install FortiEMS on EMS Server?
The requirement is install FortiClient EMS to protect EMS Server, and this is dedicate server running for EMS only.

Work, Live, Play, Learn
Work, Live, Play, Learn
MakaraMEAS

@peisenberg 
We understand if we installed EMS on server, application is not limitation on Server, so we don't apply. When EMS Server itself connect status is up only 2-5 minutes, so what is the recommend or best practice to install FortiEMS to protect EMS Server itself? what is the features require to enable if we wish to install FortiEMS on EMS Server?
The requirement is install FortiClient EMS to protect EMS Server, and this is dedicate server running for EMS only.

Work, Live, Play, Learn
Work, Live, Play, Learn
peisenberg

@MakaraMEAS 
For Microsoft Windows Server, FortiClient (Windows) supports the Vulnerability Scan, SSL VPN, Web Filter, and antivirus (AV) features, including obtaining a Sandbox signature package for AV scanning. 

peisenberg_0-1660887419346.png

Please create new package for your server, uninstall previous FCT and deploy newly created FCT without application firewall.

Pavol

TAC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors