Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bmcnicholl86
New Contributor II

FortiClient 6.4 - Always On/Auto Connect SSL VPN

Hi All,

Hoping to delve into some more experienced Fortinet users here. I have a use case where by I have a FGT 81E which has a SSL VPN tunnel configured. This tunnel is working and many users are connecting to it and working happily. The only downside currently is that each user has to manually start the VPN connection. The VPN connection is used solely for AD purposes. I would like the ability for a user not to be involved and for the following to occur:

[ol]
  • User starts laptop when they are off-net.
  • Laptop establishes an internet connection.
  • Laptop automatically dials the SSL VPN and connects. If the connection drops, it will attempt to re-connect.
  • I want to ensure the user does not have the capability to disconnect from the VPN so that they always have a connection to receive group policy updates etc as well as authenticating against AD.[/ol]

Fortigate Model: 81E

Fortigate FW Version: 6.4.3

Client OS: Windows 10

FortiClient Version: 6.4.1

There is an array of KBs etc out there but I wanted to get some real world input.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 REPLIES 2
    Fullmoon
    Contributor III

aside from FortiGate it requires FortiEMS license and AD integration in order for you to accomplish your goal. 

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
    yuny10av

Hello Fullmoon, Can you please elaborate more on your reply? I have a similar situation and I need this to work for many Windows servers that are in another AD Forest. Do you have any link that might redirect to the Fortinet documentation where they explain this setup and the requirements? Thank you very much! yuny10av
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors