Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ThePro
New Contributor III

FortiClient 6.2 - IPSec VPN Keep Alive and Auto-Connect

I understand charging for AV/Security modules, but not letting us activate something as simple as Keep Alive and Auto-Connect by putting it behind a paywall doesnt look good. What gives? Is no on else ticked about this? Small businesses wont go for this.

2 REPLIES 2
ThomasK
New Contributor II

I think most if the people are not aware of that big change coming up with 6.2. Most wait for the 6.2.5 release or higher to even think about it. But then that insane license is already non revertable. I am also astonished that there are no riots about it. Not to even mention Fortigate Telemetry is going away and you have to migrate to EMS!!
michael_proctor
New Contributor

I only just upgraded to 6.2, I was trying to work out where Always Up went, I actually liked the the idea of splitting the VPN into it's own app as the Security Fabric etc was too intrusive and required me to tell users to ignore stuff, whereas all I needed was a VPN. So the idea of just installing VPN was good, except it appears the Always Up and Auto Connect feature is gone.

Is this coming back?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors