Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FortiClient 5.6 Configuration Tool + Rebranding Tool

Hello,

I have some questions about the Configuration and Rebranding Tool.

According to the FortiClient docummentation the Configuration tool is free and can be downloaded from the FNDN site.

Does it mean that I can create an MSI installer and provide it to hundreds of our customers for deploying via Active directory for free?

Does it matter that the configuration tool was downloaded under my account and I can user it for unlimited customers to create custom installer?

The Rebranding tool should be available to download with FNDN site license. What does it mean? Where to obtain this license and where to put/upload the license on the FNDN site?

AtiT

AtiT
3 Solutions
Sebastiaan_Koopmans
Contributor II

Hi AtiT,

Yes you can download it for free from FNDN site. from 5.4.4 No license is required to use the configuration tool

In the config tool you can define / select initial config file and features 

So you can create different installers for different installations

No license is required to use the configuration tool

licensing will the client get from EMS or your fortigate.

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0

FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6

FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0

FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2

FortiManager VM / 6.4.0

View solution in original post

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0 FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6 FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0 FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2 FortiManager VM / 6.4.0
jdbush

Baptiste wrote:

any chance to get an acces FNDN without knowing any Fortinet employee ??

I still don't understand as far a I have Fortinet Products and (expensive) support contracts for all my gears I can't get an access....

Seriously? Why do we need to know a Fortinet employee to get a download after paying for hardware, vpn subscriptions, etc? Ridiculous. Do we need to have a meet-n-greet? How can we get this configurator?

jdbush
New Contributor

jpp wrote:

Actually, you get access to download when you register your product. Downloads are accessible from support site, and only for the products registered.

Configurator tool is downloadable from there. Unfortunately I can't see it for v5.6 , only for older versions.

Note: contact your local sales/support, they may help you ;)

I have access to all the downloads of 5.6 Forticlient and FortiClientTools. The problem is the FortiClientConfigurator is not in there. To get that, you have to be part of the FortiFamily & Friends to get access to the Forti-Developer site to get to the download. Why? The configurator is not any good without the client files. There is no reason to hide this file behind a second layer of security. I don't have any friends that work at Fortinet. Forum Admin...would you vouch for me so I can get this download? lol

19 REPLIES 19
Sebastiaan_Koopmans
Contributor II

Hi AtiT,

Yes you can download it for free from FNDN site. from 5.4.4 No license is required to use the configuration tool

In the config tool you can define / select initial config file and features 

So you can create different installers for different installations

No license is required to use the configuration tool

licensing will the client get from EMS or your fortigate.

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0

FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6

FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0

FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2

FortiManager VM / 6.4.0

FortiAnalyzer / 6.4.0 FortiClient / 6.2.6 FortiClient EMS VM / 6.2.6 FortiGate 300D HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 500E HA 6.2.4 FortiGate 30E / 60E / 100E / 6.0.9 FortiMail VM HA / 6.4.0 FortiSandbox VM / 3.2.0 FortiWeb VM / 6.3.2 FortiManager VM / 6.4.0
ergotherego
Contributor II

If you have 100's of users and they are internal users, or at least managed domain customers, I would strongly recommend EMS (FortiClientEMS). Especially if you want to do end-point control / compliance.

About a year ago we put 100+ users on FortiClient w/o EMS. And now we are pushing a bunch of VPN changes to all those users and rolling out EMS to help facilitate. If we had started with EMS from day one, it would've made my life much easier.

If you need to push different profiles/settings to different users, you do need their machine accounts organized properly into different OUs. EMS can only separate user types based on machine account and OU membership.

ergotherego

Also about FortiClientConfigurator tool ...

[ul]
  • The FNDN site only had it for 5.6 last time I looked
  • FCT 5.4.4 is not out yet that I can see
  • If you have active support for anything, you can download the proper Configurator version for your FCT under the downloads for FortiClient itself. For instance, you can find the version for 5.4.3 in file FortiClientTools_5.4.3.0870.zip
  • I was able to use my EMS license with Configurator[/ul]
  • AtiT
    Valued Contributor

Hello,

I am aware of the EMS, we will not use it in the most cases that has several reasons - price, not working as we expected etc.

In most cases smaller customer want only SSL-VPN configuration. The easies way for us to create the custom installer with VPN-Only settings and import the configuration file. The customer can than deploy the MSI via GPO.

In case if something is changing in the VPN config (not happens in 99% of cases) it can be done with GPO also.

So there will be no FortiGate or EMS with licenses. My question is whether it is OK?

The Rebranding tool - I still not now how to get it. What license I need and how/where to upload into FNDN site?

AtiT

AtiT
    ergotherego

The Configurator tool for 5.6 on the FNDN is here:

https://fndn.fortinet.net/index.php?/tools/file/11-forticlient-configurator/

I heard they were going to make FNDN free, but I don't know if they have yet. When I signed up a year ago I ended up having to buy a yearly subscription to access the site.

If that doesn't work, see if you can access downloads from the FortiNet site. It will be under downloads for FortiClient:

https://support.fortinet....ad/FirmwareImages.aspx

FortiClient > Download (tab) > Windows > v5.00 > 5.6 > 5.6.0 > FortiClientTools_5.6.0.1075.zip

Baptiste

I still don't understand as far a I have Fortinet Products and (expensive) support contracts for all my gears I can't get an access....

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
    jdbush

Baptiste wrote:

Seriously? Why do we need to know a Fortinet employee to get a download after paying for hardware, vpn subscriptions, etc? Ridiculous. Do we need to have a meet-n-greet? How can we get this configurator?

jpp
    New Contributor III

jdbush wrote:

Actually, you get access to download when you register your product. Downloads are accessible from support site, and only for the products registered.

Configurator tool is downloadable from there. Unfortunately I can't see it for v5.6 , only for older versions.

Note: contact your local sales/support, they may help you ;)

Baptiste
    Contributor II

It's not only forticlient tools, I would like to access to FortiOs API in order to bypass some GUI limits on guest management.

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
    Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors