Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
spock9458
New Contributor

FortiAPs Not Connected After Power Outage

About a week ago we had a power "event" in our office due to high winds.  We have 3 FortiAP 221E units spread over 3 floors in our building, and after the power was restored to our office, everything came back online except these.  In the Managed FortiAPs screen they all show up as "Disconnected" with the red "down" arrow, and all show the ip address of 192.168.1.2, which I assume is the factory default?  I have physically unplugged 2 of the units, because of conflicting ip addresses on the network, then I got my laptop assigned to the 192.168.1.0 network and I was able to connect to the only connected FAP unit.  I changed the ip address in the unit to manual and assigned to an ip in the correct subnet, and my laptop can now ping the FAP but my laptop cannot ping the SSID address.  Also, if I'm logged in to the FortiGate 80C firewall I cannot reach either the FAP or my laptop with ping from the CLI.  Everything looks fine in the Network Interfaces screen for the WiFi SSID - no errors, and same for the SSID screen itself, but there is clearly something wrong.  I'm just not sure what steps to take in order to get things working again.  Any help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello spock9458,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.
I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Spock 9458,

I have found this documentation:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/723e20ad-5098-11e9-94bf-005056...

Check on page 85 it is speaking about what to do after a outage.

Could you please tell me if it helped?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors