Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zlimmen
New Contributor

FortiAP CLI commands

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a CLI commando to change country on the AP? reason I ask is that when i change country on the profile the Accesspoint will not change, i have 10 223B accesspoints and one of them is not changing country to NO(norway).

1 Solution
AndreaSoliva

Hi

probably we have here a misunderstanding. The country code is from scratch changed on the following command:

# config wireless-controller setting        # set country CH        # end

This can be done by 5.0, 5.2.x and/or 5.4 but on 5.0 you HAVE TO DELETED first all WTP Profiles. If you do not so you can not change the country code under 5.0. On 5.2/5.4 you can do it on the fly but the channels within ALL wtp profiles will be resetted! From this point of view you have under 5.2/5.4 to check the channels. If you do so at all please do not mix up the country information on the FAP itself which means. If you set on the FGT wireless controller set country CH you will recognize on the FAP interface Europe etc. This means if you buy a FAP from Forti you can by US versions, Europe versions etc. If you buy in switzerland a Europe version and you use this FAP in US you wil have a probem from technical wireless law point of view and yes the only solutions is to exchange this FAP.

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yzhang_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You need to contact with Fortinet support to get the new license key for the FAP.  FortiAPs are programmed with different region codes. You only can assign a country code which is allowed by that AP's Regcode.

FP320C3X14000104 # fap-get-status Version: FortiAP-320C v5.4,build6283,160211 (Interim) Serial-Number: FP320C3X14000104 BIOS version: 04000001 System Part-Number: P15146-01 Regcode: A Base MAC: 08:5b:0e:5b:4f:a2 Hostname: FP320C3X14000104 Branch point: 324 Release Version Information: Interim

AndreaSoliva

Hi

probably we have here a misunderstanding. The country code is from scratch changed on the following command:

# config wireless-controller setting        # set country CH        # end

This can be done by 5.0, 5.2.x and/or 5.4 but on 5.0 you HAVE TO DELETED first all WTP Profiles. If you do not so you can not change the country code under 5.0. On 5.2/5.4 you can do it on the fly but the channels within ALL wtp profiles will be resetted! From this point of view you have under 5.2/5.4 to check the channels. If you do so at all please do not mix up the country information on the FAP itself which means. If you set on the FGT wireless controller set country CH you will recognize on the FAP interface Europe etc. This means if you buy a FAP from Forti you can by US versions, Europe versions etc. If you buy in switzerland a Europe version and you use this FAP in US you wil have a probem from technical wireless law point of view and yes the only solutions is to exchange this FAP.

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

zlimmen

Hi AndreaSoliva,

Maybe I should have said that I know and understand the commands for changing the wtp profile, i have done that, all other 9 AP'a are showing the right country, but the last one will not change country to NO(Norway), thats why I was wonrdering if there are any CLI commands on the FortiAP it self.

-Nils-

AndreaSoliva

Hi

try to factoryreset this FAP and attache the wtp profile again. How to do this over telnet have a look to this post:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=134098

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea 

zlimmen

yeah i have done that too, also did try a factory reset by holding the reset button on the fortiAP itself. :\

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors