Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MarkosPantos
New Contributor

File filtering on HTTPS traffic? FortiOS 6.4.7

I can't seem to block users from downloading .ZIP files in my environment. I configured the file filter, and the logs show that it works well with detecting and blocking .ZIP files over HTTP, such as some antivirus definition updates.

This can't work for me as most online traffic is HTTPS and the file filter seems unable to detect when a .ZIP file is being downloaded over HTTPS.

Am I missing something with configuring the file filter to detect and block when a user is downloading a .ZIP file using HTTPS?

Is there another feature that I am supposed to use that I am missing?

1 Solution
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please consider changing your policy to proxy-based inspection if it is currently in flow-based inspection. Change the SSL inspection mode to deep-inspection to see if that works.

Administration Guide | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.0.1 | Fortinet Documentation Library

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Please consider changing your policy to proxy-based inspection if it is currently in flow-based inspection. Change the SSL inspection mode to deep-inspection to see if that works.

Administration Guide | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.0.1 | Fortinet Documentation Library

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors