Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Farroo
New Contributor

FSSO polling mode - can’t see user logins

Hi, We have a situation where we have setup ldap correctly and able to browse user directory, all groups etc showing as expected. Problem we have seen is any users logged in- not seeing by the firewall. There are no antivirus/firewall port blocks on the AD server, and an adminaccount used for polling. Firewall debug showing sent login info packet 1 and no login info received packets This is a 300e firewall in vdom mode- unfortunately running 5.2.10 which we cant upgrade just on the sly as it does have other live customers and fortinet tac not helping as its out dated version. Wondering if anyone else come across this before and share some pointers? We think its an issue on AD server but not wnough substance to prove it back to the end user. Thanks.
16 REPLIES 16
Alivo__FTNT

Hello,

The answer is probably here: 

got rpc eventlog read command smbcd: rpccli_eventlog_open:121 /Chroot_Build/19/SVN_REPO_CHILD/FortiOS/fortinet/daemon/smbcd/smbcd_eventlog.c-121: connect err(NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED) smbcd: rpc_cmd_eventlog_read:919 open rpc err(10.0.3.2:administrator:0) from security log!, Please check correct server name, user name, password, port and log source

Often, the issue is that the user used in the fsso configuration does not have sufficient rights to read event log. Fastest check would be to use domain admin with correct password.

Best Regards,

Alivo

livo

nbctcp
New Contributor III

SW INFO: -Windows Server 2008R2

I am login as domain administrator and these need to be changed on GPO

DC1 type gpmc on cmd right click Edit on Forest: domain.com/Domains/domain.com/Default Domain Policy click Computer Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Advanced Audit Policy Configuration/Audit Policies/Account Logon

Change these to Success Audit Credential Validation Audit Kerberos Authentication Service Audit Kerberos Service Ticket Operations

http://goo.gl/lhQjmUhttp://nbctcp.wordpress.com
Rafi
New Contributor

Hello,

I face same problem

My FG version is 6.0.9,
My goal is to built firewall policy and use policy with user instead of ip address'
I configured ldap server (user with admin privilege's)
I configured fabric connector (poll active directory), I can see all users, groups from AD but the connector status is down

I tried to debug with following commands:
diagnose debug application fssod -1:- [handle_reply:489] wrong format of data status. len 8 <> 4.

diagnose debug application smbcd -1
- smbcd: smbcd_process_request:947 got cmd id: 6
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:960 got rpc log field.
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:972 got rpc username: <user>@staff.technion.ac.il
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:978 got rpc password: XXXXXXXX
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:982 got rpc port: 0
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:988 got rpc logsrc: security
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:966 got rpc server: x.68.25.x
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:1015 got VFID, 0
smbcd: smbcd_process_request:1105 got rpc eventlog read command
smbcd: rpccli_eventlog_open:144 /Chroot_Build/12/SVN_REPO_CHILD/FortiOS/fortinet/daemon/smbcd/smbcd_smb4eventlog.h-144: evenglog handle get failed.
smbcd: rpc_cmd_eventlog_read:900 open rpc err(x.68.25.x:<user>@staff.technion.ac.il:0) from security log!, Please check correct server name, user name, password, port and log source

My system guy check in AD server and RPC is running
He also checked this:
Default credential validation success
Audit kerberos authentication success
Audit kerberos service ticket operations success
Audit other account logon events success

Any idea or help will be welcomed

Thanks

Debbie_FTNT

Hey Rafi,

two things you can check:

- sometimes, there can be issues if the user for polling is configured as 'domain\user' or 'user@domain'; try just username
- there was a change in how Microsoft allows access to security event log API last summer, breaking FSSO polling mode a bit; this is fixed in firmware version 6.2.10, 6.4.7 and 7.0.2
-> if your domain controllers are properly patched, you may be affected by this
-> upgrade FortiGate to 6.2.10, or get a Collector Agent instead to do the polling (Collector Agent is not affected as long as all domain controllers are patched) and have FortiGate connect to the Collector Agent instead.
This is fixed under bug ID 725056, if you want to check FortiGate release notes

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Rafi

Hi,

Thanks you very much for your answer,

I tried any combination with the user name but unfortunately did not work,

So my Options are work with agent or upgrade version

Thanks again 

Regards

Rafi

Debbie_FTNT

Yeah, in that case, your options are to upgrade the FortiGate or set up collector agent to handle polling instead.

Glad I was able to assist a little :)

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Rafi

Thank you very much

Regards

Rafi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors