Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
R_F
Contributor

FML Content Disarm and reconstruction

anyone here able to play around how the FML CDR works? I tried ver 6.4 and 7.0 without success.

aside from admin guide, another reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1JoCeBIV4

its just a straight forward requirement, all links frm HTML should be converted to text.

I even tried to raised ticket to TAC about my configuration using demo license but so unfortunate demo license doesnt include assistance from TAC instead they are pointing to local SEs.

4 REPLIES 4
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

I see that you are asking a question that you may never get an answer to: "how it works" only the developers know. As for "How to configure it" to do something that you want - that's a different story.
If you check the guide here: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.0.2/administration-guide/921588/configuring-content-p...
I think the procedure to change the URL action to "Remove" should be straight forward (this is a licensed feature):

1. Go to Profile > Content > Content.
  2. Click New to create a new profile or double click on an existing profile to edit it.
  3. Expand Content Disarm and Reconstruction and configure the following: URL...
    So... where is the problem you are having? 

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
R_F

hi AlexC,

thank you for giving time in regards to my post. Steps 1-3 are configured pretty well.

The problem was, recipient still able to received the email which hyperlink wasnt converted into text.

R_F

pls see logs Disposition and Classifier. again the link which is emebbeded in the email wasnt converted into text.

CDR.jpg

AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

I don't think this is a something to be solved on a forum.

You may have to open a support case - maybe it is a known bug, or misconfiguration.

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors