Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mumbles202
New Contributor II

FGT in Azure admin account

I deployed a FGT in Azure and as part of that deployment you have to create an admin account. I was able to get it deployed and login with the account, but was wondering what the admin account password was and how it was generated.  I think I can reset it by getting on the console like a standard FGT but was wondering what the default value was in Azure. I saw in the AWS deployment guide its set to your subscription ID I believe so thought perhaps there was a similar default value that was pulled from when deployed in Azure.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @mumbles202 , 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi mumbles202,

Good day to you. Technically, there is no default password when you deploy FGT in Azure. You will be asked to configure the admin password during the setup phase:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate-public-cloud/7.2.0/azure-administration-guide/598754/de...

The above deployment process valid for both Marketplace/VHD deployment. Hence, it is important to note down the administrator password that was configured when you are deploying the FGT in Azure.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
mumbles202
New Contributor II

Thanks for the link. If you review it says you have to create a new user login and can't user the default names of admin or root for example. But after the deployment there is also an admin account created along with the account you specify. 

kcheng

Hi, 

Thanks for responding. Please be informed that the by default, the admin should not be assigned any password. You may try to set the password of the admin with the following command:

config system admin

edit admin

set password <password>

end

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
HewittVandegrift
New Contributor

Hey thanks for the super helpful reply. I'm not sure how I missed that thread. I haven't quite mastered the search function on here. I think I'll pass with him this time around. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-lunchtimeresults-Forum/FGT-in-Azure-admin-account/td-p/212888

Thanks...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors