Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

FG40F SPEED LEDs

Did anyone notice your FG40F's SPEED LEDs on the front panel never light up for LAN1-3 and A ports, while it works fine (orange=100M/green=1G) on WAN port? I have two of them showing in the same way.

Toshi

8 REPLIES 8
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Toshi,

Could you please mention which firmware you are running? Is it on the latest image?

Best regards,

Jin

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

One of them is 6.2.9, and the other, my personal one, is just upgraded to 6.4.7.

Toshi

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

And if anyone has a 40F with SPEED LEDs working fine, please let me know the FortiOS version and hard-swich configuration involving those LAN ports. I'm assuming by default all ports have "set speed auto", which I didn't change.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I ran "diag hard test led nic-led" based on TAC's request.
None of those LAN and even WAN LEDs turned on either green or amber. But the fact is LAN LINK LEDs and WAN LINK/SPEED LEDs are working fine. So I'm now not even sure if HQIP software is working as it should.

sagha
Staff
Staff

Hello Toshi, 

This misbehavior has been noticed in FOS 6.4.6 and later versions for FGT40F.

Upgrade your FGT to 7.0.2 and test it. It has resolved this issue in some cases.   

Best regards, 

Shahan

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you happen to know the bug ID and/or if it's fixed with 6.4.8 and 6.2.10 that were recently released?

Toshi

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I confirmed 6.2.10 fixes the problem. According to TAC, they're still working on 6.4.x for this issue so likely we need to wait until 6.4.9.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

And, bug ID is 0725264.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors