Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZhekA
New Contributor

FG-40F with SD-WAN

Hello guys,

I wish someone will assist me or prove me right or disprove me.

Purchased few FG-40F units after an aggressive sales campaign that these new units are perfect solution for a small office and SD-WAN.

I see there's only one WAN port on the unit and unfortunately I can't add it to the virtual-wan-link.

It looks the firewall can only add lan2 and lan3 ports to SD-WAN. What's the point of having WAN port on the unit ?

With only 4 ports and one of them dedicated to the Fortiswitch link I'm limited. 

3 REPLIES 3
Markus
Valued Contributor

Hi and welcome to the Forums. Seems you have a reference on the wan interface, maybe the default policy lan->wan. Try to delete this policy and all other references (e.g. ssl vpn) the you where able to put the wan port to the sd-wan interface.

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
ZhekA
New Contributor

Thank you, Marcus! That was it. I normally check policies for interface utilization but this time I totally neglected.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

It is FGT factory default that there is one switch that has port 1-n and has an internet policy via the WAN port(s).

Basically you can add any interface to sd-wan as long as it doesn't have reference(s). That is because if you add an interface to sd-wan it does no longer exist as an own interface for use in policies etc because you want to use sd-wan instead then.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors