Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

FAC's FTM activation email subject line

Looks like FAC's FTM activation email subject line format seems to be below:

"FortiToken Mobile FTKMxxxxxxxx Activation on <FAC's Interface IP?>"

Which is different from FortiGate's activation email:

"FortiToken Mobile Activation on FortiGate"

In our case, the interface IP in the subject line is from port2, which we're using for our internal admin access and remote auth server connections, while all client(FortiGate) accesses come through port1 over the internet. Why does it pick the port2 IP? And more importantly, we don't want to show any IP in the subject line. Can it be replaced with like ".... on FortiAuthenticator"?

Our FAC runs 6.3.3.

Thanks,

Toshi

1 Solution
amouawad
Staff
Staff

You can change the email subject under System > Administration > Replacement Messages > FortiToken Mobile Activation Email Subject and input whatever you want:

2022-04-15_17-37.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amouawad
Staff
Staff

You can change the email subject under System > Administration > Replacement Messages > FortiToken Mobile Activation Email Subject and input whatever you want:

2022-04-15_17-37.png

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Here they are. Thank you very much.

Toshi

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I actually have one further question. By default it seems to have {{:site_name}} in the format, and the preview is showing "fortinet.com". Then how come the actual subject in the email has port2 IP? I guess I have to open a ticket and get looked at by TAC if I want to figure this out. I'm going to remove it and put "on FortiAuthenticator" on so it doesn't matter though.

Toshi_Esumi_0-1650041114397.png

amouawad
Staff
Staff

I think the site_name variable is taken from the FQDN of the FAC.

2022-04-16_15-32.png

2022-04-16_15-34.png

I'm guessing if you don't have a FQDN it may just use one of the IP addresses. Do you have a FQDN configured?

amouawad
Staff
Staff

Actually just confirmed this is the case. If you don't have the FQDN configured then it will use the IP address instead. For example I've removed my FQDN and can now see the IP of my FAC instead:

2022-04-16_15-37.png

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I just tested it and got FQDN in the subject line. Since we have two IPs on port1 and port2, it appears that FAC picks the lowest number (port2 has 10.x.x.x, while port1 has 209.x.x.x).

The the preview of the replacement messages page seems to always show "fortinet.com" regardless the FQDN is configured or not, which is confusing or not helping.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors