Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dontmindme
New Contributor II

Explicit Proxy in "Policy-based" mode?

Hi.

I switched from profile-based to policy-based and i cant find anywhere to add a explicit proxy on my firewall anymore? I have search for any features that are not available when enabling "policy-based" but i cant find any mentions of the explicit proxy feature dissapearing.

Any input?

1 Solution
peter7979
Staff
Staff

NGFW policy-based I think is only flow based i.e. you cannot have proxy features

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
peter7979
Staff
Staff

NGFW policy-based I think is only flow based i.e. you cannot have proxy features

Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @dontmindme ,

as @peter7979 mentioned, FortiGates or VDOMs in policy-mode are exclusively in flow-mode inspection; the Explicit Proxy feature however requires proxy-mode inspection (inspection mode used to be set per-VDOM even in profile-based mode), so explicit proxy is currently not possible in policy-mode.

A note mentioning that policy-mode means flow-inspection only can be found here:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.0/cookbook/978598/profile-based-ngfw-vs-policy-base...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
dontmindme
New Contributor II

Thank you for the clarification!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors