Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cmoro
New Contributor

Explicit Proxy Policy with outgoing NAT

Hello forum,

is it possible to configure Explicit Proxy Policy and use a different outgoing IP address as one that is configured for WAN Interface? Unfortunately I cannot see any NAT option within Exp Proxy Policy.

For example - WAN Primary IP 1.1.1.1/24, Secondary IP 2.2.2.2/24

Exp. Proxy Policy use the IP 1.1.1.1 as the source IP address. I would like to change it to 2.2.2.3 for instance. It works correctly with regular IPv4 Policy where I am able to use a dynamic IP Pool and control the NATed source IP address of the outgoing traffic to the Internet.

Thank you advance for any hint.

Jozef

7 REPLIES 7
cmoro
New Contributor

To answer to my question, it is possible to configure outgoing IP (WAN Secondary IP in my case) for Explicit Web/FTP Proxy.

# config web-proxy explicit

(explicit) # set outgoing-ip ?      Outgoing HTTP requests will leave this IP. An interface must have this IP address.

ravikumarv
New Contributor

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Is there any solution to configure NAT in web proxy policy?

Thanks 

Ravi

cmoro

Take a look at my last post. You can specify an outgoing IP for Web Explicit Proxy.

AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible to NAT traffic to another IP address than the interface address?

I need to NAT some subnets and IPs to another IP address than the interface but the communication is broken. I set an IP Pool object under the explicit policy (OS version 5.6.5). I also tried to add the IP Pool address as a secondary address on the outgoing interface but without success.

AtiT

AtiT
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes as indicated  earlier you can change the outgoing interface.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2017/08/turn-around-explicit-proxy-on.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
SMGK74
New Contributor II

There is another way: you can also use a ippool nat in the explicit web proxy policy but only by cli:

config firewall proxy-policy

edit {policyid} set poolname {name IP pool name}

next

end

Ciao

Sergio

Sergio Marchi
Sergio Marchi
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels