Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
beanat50
New Contributor

Emails from addresses listed in the system safe list being quarantined due to dictionary

Is there any way to allow senders in the system safe list to bypass the content filters so as not to be quarantined.  The quarantines result from words in a dictionary that is listed in the content profile.  I do see a system safe tag in the logs for emails sent from addresses in the system safe list that aren't quarantined, so I know my email list is recognized.  Is there a description or chart somewhere that describes and details the flow chart for all the filters and lists that an incoming email is subject to?  In my case, I am dealing with emails that are sent directly to the Fortimail appliance from within the organization, as there may be a difference in how the unit handles those emails versus emails that come in via the internet.

2 REPLIES 2
Abin_FTNT
Staff
Staff
Dirty_Wizard_FTNT

That Cookbook would not be a solution.

BYPASS (now called SAFE) does not bypass Content Profiles:

"SAFE: Relay or proxy and deliver the email, only if the recipient belongs to a protected domain or the sender is authenticated. All antispam profile processing will be skipped; but antivirus, content, greylisting and other scans will still occur."

http://help.fortinet.com/fmail/5-3-6/admin/index.html#page/FortiMail_Online_Help/policy_09_10.html

Use additional Recipient Policies where the sender is specified as what needs to bypass the Dictionary Profile(s).

Move above the existing policy and apply Content Profile without the Dictionary Profile.

Or if suitable, set the Dictionary Profile on an AntiSpam Profile rather than Content Profile so that whitelisting bypasses it.

"Is there a description or chart somewhere that describes and details the flow chart for all the filters and lists that an incoming email is subject to?"

Refer to the order of execution: http://help.fortinet.com/fmail/5-3-6/admin/index.html#page/FortiMail_Online_Help/overview_01_24.html

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors