Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiBrian
New Contributor

Edit Disclaimer access banner

Okay I see what they are saying below about the Disclaimer access banner, but is there a way to edit the banner to what I want it to say? Disclaimer access banner Optionally, the FortiGate unit can present a warning statement to administrators before or after login authentication. The administrator must accept the statement to continue. Logs record response to the disclaimer at each logon. The default pre-login and post-login banner messages contain the same text: This is a private computer system. Unauthorized access or use is prohibited and subject to prosecution and/or disciplinary action. All use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring at all times and users are not entitled to any expectation of privacy. If monitoring reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about the user, may be provided to law enforcement officials. If monitoring reveals violations of security regulations or unauthorized use, employees who violate security regulations or make unauthorized use of this system are subject to appropriate disciplinary action. By default, neither disclaimer is enabled. You can enable the disclaimer banners in the CLI like this: config system global set pre-login-banner enable set post-login-banner enable end Similarly, you can disable the disclaimer banners as follows: config system global set pre-login-banner disable set post-login-banner disable end
1 Solution
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

FGT-507-DEMO # config system replacemsg admin pre_admin-disclaimer-text FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # get msg-type : pre_admin-disclaimer-text buffer : P R E W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G This is a private computer system. Unauthorized access or use is prohibited and subject to prosecution and/or disciplinary action. All use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring at all times and users are not entitled to any expectation of privacy. If monitoring reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about the user, may be provided to law enforcement officials. If monitoring reveals violations of security regulations or unauthorized use, employees who violate security regulations or make unauthorized use of this system are subject to appropriate disciplinary action. P R E W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G header : none format : text FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # set buffer " This is my custom message" FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # end FGT-507-DEMO # show system replacemsg admin pre_admin-disclaimer-text config system replacemsg admin " pre_admin-disclaimer-text" set buffer " This is my custom message" end

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

FGT-507-DEMO # config system replacemsg admin pre_admin-disclaimer-text FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # get msg-type : pre_admin-disclaimer-text buffer : P R E W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G This is a private computer system. Unauthorized access or use is prohibited and subject to prosecution and/or disciplinary action. All use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring at all times and users are not entitled to any expectation of privacy. If monitoring reveals possible evidence of violation of criminal statutes, this evidence and any other related information, including identification information about the user, may be provided to law enforcement officials. If monitoring reveals violations of security regulations or unauthorized use, employees who violate security regulations or make unauthorized use of this system are subject to appropriate disciplinary action. P R E W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G W A R N I N G header : none format : text FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # set buffer " This is my custom message" FGT-507-DEMO (pre_admin-discla~ext) # end FGT-507-DEMO # show system replacemsg admin pre_admin-disclaimer-text config system replacemsg admin " pre_admin-disclaimer-text" set buffer " This is my custom message" end
FortiBrian
New Contributor

Outstanding! Thanks!!
hafiez

hi all,

I try to change the pre log in message to html with attached picture and the result is not as expected. the result just the html code appear in the pre log in box. 

how to add picture in this pre log in massage?

fyi, I already change the format to the html and put the html code in buffer. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors