Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
elaheh
New Contributor

ECCN Code Forti Client VPN Remote Access

Could you please advise about ECCN code related to Forti Client VPN Remote Access? 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @elaheh ,

Thank you for raising your query on Fortinet Community.

To answer your query can you confirm if you are using paid or a free version of the FortiClient?
Also if you using the free version of the Forticlient VPN only you would not be able to use other features like Zero Trust Agent, Central Management via EMS, Central Logging & Reporting, Dynamic Security Fabric Connector, Vulnerability Agent & Remediation, FortiGuard Web & Video Filtering, USB Device Control, ZTNA Application Access control.

With the free version available, you can only use it as SSL VPN and IPSEC VPN client.

If you have an account with Fortinet. You can get more details from the SE.

Let me know if this information helps.

Thanks

elaheh

Hello @Anonymous  thanks for your reply.

I am going to download the free version of FortiClient with SSL VPN & IPSec from Fortinet website. Could you please let me know if the classification is fell into EAR99 or  ECCN 5D992.c ? Could you please advise about level of encryption as I am going to use only client version without other mentioned features in Iran. 

Rasovmic

Hi Mohit, I have the same trouble. I need to register your software FortiClient VPN 6.4.0.1464 internally in my company and would need to know the ECCN and AL numbers. Can you please suggest where to find it? thanks, Michaela

Maheshbsv
New Contributor

Hello, I'm also looking for the ECCN ID of FortiClient VPN software, please confirm if the classification of ECCN 5D992.c is correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Rasovmic @elaheh @Maheshbsv ,

I got information from an expert that if you would like to know the ECCN number and details regarding it then you would have to reach out to "exportalert@fortinet.com". 

Let me know if this helps.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors