Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
timhalo
New Contributor

Downloadable VM for emulation. Is there?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum (and to Fortigate/FortiOS).

Is there a downloadable  virtual-machine version of FortiOS? (Specifically for the Fortigate 300c or something close). Perhaps some stripped down / limited version. I'd like to learn the basics.

I did sign up & saw the online demo version but I prefer something I could run as a VM and interconnect to other VM(S); e.g. Windows; Linux "user" clients; dynamips/cisco routers; and etc. In this way I could get familiar (and test) traffic flow through the emulated Fortigate.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim.  Welcome to the forums.

As far as I am aware, the virtual Fortigate products come with a default 15-day evaluation license until you actual enter a proper licence.  If you have a registered Fortinet product (any one should do) and have a valid login ID on the support.fortinet.com site, you should be able to download any of the VM images (via the download link).    Another option would be to fill out this online form.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
timhalo

Thanks for the reply. I ended up talking to a person on Chat &he will be sending my info to the Sales people. Hopefully they can supply both a restricted eval download and a temporary license. I think 15 days should be enough to get the basics down. Will see.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors