Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ponder
New Contributor III

Dial Up VPN

Hello,

If I make a dial up vpn and use the forticlient on the clients.  Am I correct in assuming the only fee based part is the AV built into the client?  I can use the client without a subscription if it is just used to bring up a tunnel?

Thanks, ponder

1 Solution
NotMine
Contributor

Hi,

FortiClient is completely free, including the AV and other functionalities. So, yes, you can use it for for free on your VPN clients. Additionally, you can use it for free AV protection.

You need a subscription only if you intend to manage more than 10 endpoints (computers where FortiClient is installed) via your FortiGate.

Cheers,

Slavko

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

View solution in original post

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
4 REPLIES 4
NotMine
Contributor

Hi,

FortiClient is completely free, including the AV and other functionalities. So, yes, you can use it for for free on your VPN clients. Additionally, you can use it for free AV protection.

You need a subscription only if you intend to manage more than 10 endpoints (computers where FortiClient is installed) via your FortiGate.

Cheers,

Slavko

NSE 7

ponder
New Contributor III

Just to be clear, if I had 11 remote users using FortiClient.  I would need to pay the subscription?

NotMine

No, you can have as many VPN clients as you want, for free. You only need a license if you want to do something called "endpoint management", where you can collect various data about your clients' computers and manage them (forbid various applications to be installed and similar stuff).

NSE 7

ponder
New Contributor III

Thanks for clarifying that :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors