Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Datax_2502
New Contributor II

Delete SD-WAN-Zone while being connected to member-interface

Hello friends,

I am having a problem with a "FortiGate 40F"-firewall.

Is it possible to delete a SD-WAN-Zone without loosing the connection to the Web-GUI?

I only have access to this firewall over the internet... no physical/local access to it.

Will I loose access to the firewall over the internet when I try to remove the member ports of the SD-WAN-Zone and subsequently delete the SD-WAN-Zone?

The connection to the Web-GUI of this firewall is establised through one of the SD-WAN-member-ports.

Would be nice of you to help me whith this question.

1 Solution
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If you have 2 SDWAN zones and your internet connection is to ZONE1 and you want to delete ZONE2, you will not. If the interface that you are connected to is part of the zone you want to delete you might not be able to even delete it, if you are using SDWAN for static route.

Adrian

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for your question. If you have 2 SDWAN zones and your internet connection is to ZONE1 and you want to delete ZONE2, you will not. If the interface that you are connected to is part of the zone you want to delete you might not be able to even delete it, if you are using SDWAN for static route.

Adrian
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors