Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Deciding dual WAN - Fortigate 60A

Hi guys, We are soon launching a high traffic website in-house and are deciding to get a device which is capable of getting 2 WAN links speeds and pipe into 1 single WAN speed. By this I mean - WAN 1 = Upload/Uplink speed = 2.5Mbps WAN 2 = Upload/Uplink speed = 2.5Mbps Total speed achieved should be 5.0 Mbps We have shortlisted 2 devices. - Cisco RV082 - Fortigate 60B Personally I would like to go for Fortigate 60B, as I have used a Fortinet product before and it is terrific. However, I have not used this product for this dual WAN scenario. Could you guys please advise if this is possible with Fortigate 60B i.e. getting the speed of 2 WAN links with Dual WAN link connections. I have gone through this documentation - http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?popup=true&externalID=10376&languageId= It states load sharing and re-redundancy. If I go with load sharing and redundancy scenario, does this mean I am making use of both the internet connection speeds? I need to convince my Boss for Fortigates and if Fortigate can offer such kind of functionality, can someone please point me to a document of some sort. Waiting for your reply. Regards,
11 REPLIES 11
Abhay_Dubey

Diagram Attached -
Not applicable

Hi Abhay, Which device do you have in the picture attached? We have scrapped plans for buying 60B and will be going for a higher end Fortigate model (in the small and medium business range of course). Due to a business decision we will be going with the same ISPs with 2 internet connections leveriging ANNEX-M for uploads. We have now shortlisted: FORTIGATE-80C/CM Is this device capable of what I am trying to achieve here.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors