Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lindel
New Contributor

Connect vpn IPsec via command line

I'm using de forti client  to connecto to a IPsec vpn site, there is any way to do this via command line because I will use this via jenkins to connect previous doing some stuff and then disconnect. Can't find any documentation or post with this information.

7 REPLIES 7
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lindel,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lindel,

I have found this document which can be helpful:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/cli-reference/227667/vpn-ipsec-forticlient

Could you please tell me if it helped?

If not, we will find another solution to your question.

Regards,

lindel

Hi Anthony thanks for the reply but no, that's not what I want, i'm looking for something similar to the documents about connecting to a ssh vpn from command line for an ipsec vpn, in some forum threads use ipsec -k -b <connection name> but in my case this command only clears the vpn information for this connection and no connection to <connection name> is establish

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi lindel,

I will find then another solution and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

lindel

Hi, any news on this topic?

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lindel,

Sorry for the late reply. I m still waiting answer from our engineers,

I will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello lindel,

sorry for the late reply.

One of our engineer replied:

"This option is available only for the SSL-VPN. We do not support it for the dialup ipsec."

I hope it would help you!

Regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors