Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yaronbeny7
New Contributor

Configure Exchange on Fortigate 80D

hello

i'm looking for a guide (video) to configure exchange 2010 on fortigate 80d.

Thanks

1 Solution
SecurityPlus

There are almost an infinite number of ways to accomplish a task like this on a device as capable as a Fortinet firewall.

What specifically are your goals? Are you encountering any errors? Which firewall are you using? What firmware is your firewall running? Is the firewall currently in use or are you wanting help with a brand new installation. Answers to questions like these will help others help you better.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NotMine
Contributor

What do you mean exactly by "configure"?

NSE 7

All oppinions/statements written here are my own.

NSE 7 All oppinions/statements written here are my own.
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

What have you done so far, and which error do you encounter? We can check the config and error logs but the forum is hardly the place to supply training from the ground up. That's what the manuals are for - on docs.fortinet.com.

If it really needs be you'll find videos there as well. Seems to be a trace of modern times to consume videos instead of reading and trying out by yourself. IMHO the information density of videos is so low that they won't help much if your problem is not right on the spot identical.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
yaronbeny7

I thought that would guide step by step how to do it.

SecurityPlus

There are almost an infinite number of ways to accomplish a task like this on a device as capable as a Fortinet firewall.

What specifically are your goals? Are you encountering any errors? Which firewall are you using? What firmware is your firewall running? Is the firewall currently in use or are you wanting help with a brand new installation. Answers to questions like these will help others help you better.

rpedrica

There is no setup specific to Exchange as you might have on a WAF. You simply need to add port forwards/NATs and policies as required to access your internal Exchange services. Try the following doc from Microsoft:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331973%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

Regards, Robby

yaronbeny7

do you mean what appears at attachment file ?

rpedrica

Correct eg. if you need OWA, then this uses port 443 so you make a VIP for 443 external to 443 on your internal exchange server ( or node hosting client services ). Then add a (ipv4 ) policy to implement the VIP ( wan to internal ).

Check the following links on docs.fortinet.com -> Handbook for 5.2 for more info

VIP: http://help.fortinet.com/...209%2520-%2520Firewall|Firewall%2520objects|_____4

Policy: http://help.fortinet.com/...209%2520-%2520Firewall|Security%2520policies|Firewall%2520policies|_____0

Regards, Robby

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors