Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vishal
New Contributor

Configuration synchronization in A-A HA

Hi All, Read somewhere in fortigate handbook 6.0 that if I want to synchronized configuration between cluster unit in A-A or A-P HA I need to use below command Config sys ha Set standalone-config-syn enable End So my question is that if I want my passive fortigate in A-A or A-P HA to synchronized with Active fortigate unit, so I have use this command on Passive fortigate to synchronized with Active fortigate unit or on Active fortigate so that passive fortigate can synchronized configuration with Active fortigate. Or need to use this command on both cluster unit. Any help.
3 REPLIES 3
immu_917
New Contributor

hi guys 

hope this email find you in good health,

i have configured the HA in Fortigate unfortunately unable to see the synchronization kindly need your support to check this issue thanks for your understanding.  

ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

@immu_917

Please don't hijack other threads! Start you own one. No understanding.

@vishal

Usually, in 99.9% of all cases, config synchronization is enabled automatically. You have even two-way sync, either from master to slave, or from slave to master.

This command is quite new and I still have to figure out what "standalone-sync" means. If it's standalone, it's single. If it's single, it doesn't have a partner to sync with...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah, got it.

see Handbook v6.0.6, pg. 427 ff.

You can configure synchronization from one standalone FortiGate to another standalone FortiGate.
So, you can share one primary config with one or multiple other FGTs which are not clustered. For instance, to prepare a mass rollout (:-).

This does not affect FGT clusters! So I stand by my statement that in a cluster, config changes are synced immediately.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors