Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ShrewLWD
Contributor

Combining wlan and interface1 while in Interface mode possible?

hi guys and gals. Is it possible to combine the wlan and interface1 interfaces into a soft-switch style mode, while the fortiwifi (60c) is in interface mode? I know how to do it while it is in switch mode, but we have a need to have separate, dedicated LAN sides, one of which needs to have the WLAN be part of that subnet. Should I be using the ' set span, span direction,' etc., set of CLi commands to accomplish this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Mike_FTNT
Staff
Staff

>> Is it possible to combine the wlan and interface1 interfaces into a soft-switch style mode, while the fortiwifi (60c) is in interface mode? Yes. >> Should I be using the ' set span, span direction,' etc., Not needed. (If enable span, however the only direction is from wlan to lan interface.)
ShrewLWD
Contributor

EDIT2: Sigh. Sad that a one word, no-help answer is acceptable, pointing out such is not. C' est La Vie. This post has been removed.
ShrewLWD
Contributor

OK, so I solved it. Apparently, in interface mode, you have to explicitly state switch mode (' set type switch' ), before it allows ' set member' config sys switch-interface edit WLAN_LAN set type switch set member " wlan" " interface1" end
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors