Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maik
New Contributor II

Changing WLAN MAC Adress after reboot

I grab a factory default FWF, the SSID " fortinet" / Interface " wifi" is already there. I only change the PSK that I can access. now, whenever I reboot the FWF, the MAC address behind the Interface IP 10.10.80.1 changes. I created a support ticket, and they say this is to be expected/by design. Now i' m puzzled. Can that really be? I mean, everytime the MAC changes, Windows and the Forticlient recognizes the SSID as a new network, asking me to reenter the PSK and asks if i trust this network. did I missunderstand the concept that the MAC should stay the same? Can anybody confirm this happening on your box as well? e.g. a FWF80C? I noticed this behaviour on FWF40C, FWF60C with OS5.0.1 i will test it with other Firmwareversions.
10 REPLIES 10
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The " netsh wlan" commands has other nice debug/troubleshooting features...
c:\dummy>netsh wlan ? The following commands are available: Commands in this context: ? - Displays a list of commands. add - Adds a configuration entry to a table. connect - Connects to a wireless network. delete - Deletes a configuration entry from a table. disconnect - Disconnects from a wireless network. dump - Displays a configuration script. export - Saves WLAN profiles to XML files. help - Displays a list of commands. refresh - Refresh hosted network settings. reportissues - Generate WLAN smart trace report. set - Sets configuration information. show - Displays information. start - Start hosted network. stop - Stop hosted network. To view help for a command, type the command, followed by a space, and then type ?. c:\dummy>netsh wlan show ? The following commands are available: Commands in this context: show all - Shows complete wireless device and networks information. show allowexplicitcreds - Shows the allow shared user credentials settings. show autoconfig - Shows whether the auto configuration logic is enabled or disabled. show blockednetworks - Shows the blocked network display settings. show createalluserprofile - Shows whether everyone is allowed to create all user profiles. show drivers - Shows properties of the wireless LAN drivers on the system. show filters - Shows the allowed and blocked network list. show hostednetwork - Show hosted network properties and status. show interfaces - Shows a list of the wireless LAN interfaces on the system. show networks - Shows a list of networks visible on the system. show onlyUseGPProfilesforAllowedNetworks - Shows the only use GP profiles on GP configured networks setting. show profiles - Shows a list of profiles configured on the system. show settings - Shows the global settings of wireless LAN. show tracing - Shows whether wireless LAN tracing is enabled or disabled. c:\dummy>

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors