Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jaym222
New Contributor

Changing Fortigate 200B firewall from HA Master to Standalone - Possible Issues

Hello

I was going to upgrade a 200B firewall this evening at one of our branch offices. Going from v4.3.12 to v5.2.6

This is a single firewall that was at one time part of an active-passive HA pair.  The slave had been removed a while ago but The HA config on this FW, says that it is still MASTER and that HA Config is 'Active-Passive'.  I was concerned that if I applied an upgrade of the firmware and did a reboot, this could cause a possible failure or crash.  Could it have? 

My main question:  How do I set the firewall to 'STANDALONE' without impacting the current config(attached)? Is it as simple as going into HA Config and changing the Mode from Active-Passive to Standalone and hitting OK?

Of course my main concern is doing something improperly that brings down the firewall.

Thanks!

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Nothing should be impacted. A a matter of  fact I would leave it like it is  due to;

1: nothing is brokene

2: if you ever decide to add a slave  back, it's already cfg

either way to set it back to standalone mode of operations.

config sys global

config sys ha

set mode stand

end

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Nothing should be impacted. A a matter of  fact I would leave it like it is  due to;

1: nothing is brokene

2: if you ever decide to add a slave  back, it's already cfg

either way to set it back to standalone mode of operations.

config sys global

config sys ha

set mode stand

end

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
jaym222
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Labels