Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Beysel
New Contributor

Change Reporting Language

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask, if i can change the language of the reporting to german manually.

The language is currently not available on the Fortianalyzer.

I can translate the chart-title to german. But i cant change some fields on the topsheet, like data range, report date or table of content.

I know it's just a detail, but some customers ask us, if we are able to change that.

Thanks for any help.

3 Solutions
CrisP
New Contributor III

Grüß Gott, Herr Beysel

Sie can select any Report, go to the Layout tabchen, then erase all the English text (if any! -- some reports have only Charts and Macros) and replace it with a German translation or perhaps your own composition. As for the table headers and graph labels, you must edit the charts used in the report layouts. Please double-click on each chart container in the layout and write down the exact chart name, so that you can find them in the Charts Library. Clone these charts with a different (German!) Nahme and edit them, replacing the field names and labels with German wörte. After this, there will still be some remnants of English in the reports, but I'm not aware how to bedeutsch them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

View solution in original post

CrisP
New Contributor III

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, in the Layout, when you edit the Chart containers, you can replace the chart title (usually it shows "Default", meaning that it inherits the Chart name), title which shall be automatically included into the "Table of Contents" (a text which, unfortunately, shall remain in English...). When you create the German text version, formatting titles with "Heading x" shall insert them also into the ToC.

hzhao_FTNT

This forum doesn't allow me to upload non-image file. Please leave your email, I will send you a file "user.string"

Please follow below step to create a user-defined language:

1. edit attached user.string, translate english string after "=" into user-defined language, then upload this file to a ftp server 2. go to Report->Advanced->Language, create a new language "user" 3. under cli: exe sql-report import-lang user ftp <ftp-server> <user> <password> <path/user.string> 4. select "user" language before run report, all matched contents will be translated according to used defined in user.string

Regards, hz

5 REPLIES 5
CrisP
New Contributor III

Grüß Gott, Herr Beysel

Sie can select any Report, go to the Layout tabchen, then erase all the English text (if any! -- some reports have only Charts and Macros) and replace it with a German translation or perhaps your own composition. As for the table headers and graph labels, you must edit the charts used in the report layouts. Please double-click on each chart container in the layout and write down the exact chart name, so that you can find them in the Charts Library. Clone these charts with a different (German!) Nahme and edit them, replacing the field names and labels with German wörte. After this, there will still be some remnants of English in the reports, but I'm not aware how to bedeutsch them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

CrisP
New Contributor III

Sorry, I forgot to mention that, in the Layout, when you edit the Chart containers, you can replace the chart title (usually it shows "Default", meaning that it inherits the Chart name), title which shall be automatically included into the "Table of Contents" (a text which, unfortunately, shall remain in English...). When you create the German text version, formatting titles with "Heading x" shall insert them also into the ToC.

hzhao_FTNT

This forum doesn't allow me to upload non-image file. Please leave your email, I will send you a file "user.string"

Please follow below step to create a user-defined language:

1. edit attached user.string, translate english string after "=" into user-defined language, then upload this file to a ftp server 2. go to Report->Advanced->Language, create a new language "user" 3. under cli: exe sql-report import-lang user ftp <ftp-server> <user> <password> <path/user.string> 4. select "user" language before run report, all matched contents will be translated according to used defined in user.string

Regards, hz

Abhay_Dubey

Hi HZHAO_FTNT can you share the user.string file to a ftp server so i can also benefit from the same.

Rgds,

Abhay Dubey

hzhao_FTNT
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors