Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MikePeelman
New Contributor

Captive Portal Not Working

Hello, I'm trying to set up a guest network with a Captive Portal and it is not working. We are using a FortiGate 90D on v5.2.4 (I plan on updating the firmware this evening to see if it resolves the issue).

My goal is to have the Captive Portal with Disclaimer Only. When I have the portal type set to Authentication and allow admin user access, I get the login screen, can log in with my credentials, and connect without issue. However, when it is set to Disclaimer Only, When I attempt to connect to the network, I get a message that the page isn't working with an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE message. It seems to have problems "authenticating" when I only want the disclaimer. Any tips on where I should be looking?

1 REPLY 1
MikePeelman
New Contributor

Updated the firmware to v5.2.8 and I'm no longer having issues. Was able to connect with multiple devices. I didn't bother reading the release notes to see if something along these lines was in there, but glad its now fixed!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors