Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiGateAdmin
New Contributor II

Captive Portal / Certificate Issue

Hello,

what i've to do, when i want to set the captive portal address per example to captive.company.com, which match our certificate? is it possible to configure this only for the wifi interface/captive portal or is it set globally for the whole fortigate?

and i've configured the dns on the wifi interface to our internal active directory dns server - is this the correct way or i've to set it to another server? we need the local dns server from our active diretory to lookup the internal resources.

regards

3 REPLIES 3
bpozdena_FTNT

You can also keep using the same portal address everywhere, and just resolve the FQDN into different Fortigate IP address. For instance, you can create a recursive DNS server on each interface for the same A record.

Alternatively, the latest FortiOS versions will allow you to configure auth-portal per interface.

HTH,
Boris
FortiGateAdmin
New Contributor II

Can i use auth-portal per interface with vap-interface (wireless lan tunnel)?

aahmadzada

Greetings,

I believe that should be possible. Please check here:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/cli-reference/177620/config-wireless-controller-v...

Ahmad
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors