Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LB
New Contributor

Cannot ping through Fortiweb400E in transparent mode

Hey, I'm new to Fortinet in general.

We just got a fortiweb 400E and Im basically trying to ping through it and cannot.  Im not sure why.

Basically what Im trying to do is this.....Laptop(192.168.1.1) >Cisco FW > Fortiweb400E > Cisco FW >laptop (192.168.1.10)

The Ciscos are in transparent mode, I can ping through them no problem.  I'm guessing its a policy somewhere?  But I cannot see anything obvious in the logs.  I've turned on traffic logs and they tell me nothing.  I currently have it in OP mode "transparent inspection", port 1 is Mgmt on a different subnet, port 2 and 3 are plugged into each FW.  Any ideas would be great......

1 Solution
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

In transparent mode, FortiWeb will forward non-HTTP/HTTPS protocols ( Please see Planning the network topology (fortinet.com) .Are the ports port2 and port3 configured in vzone/bridge?

Best regards,

Jin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

In transparent mode, FortiWeb will forward non-HTTP/HTTPS protocols ( Please see Planning the network topology (fortinet.com) .Are the ports port2 and port3 configured in vzone/bridge?

Best regards,

Jin

LB
New Contributor

They are not in a Vzone/Bridge, that may be my problem then.  Ill figure that out and get back with you.  Thanks.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors