Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mylouch
New Contributor

Can't find old log

I'm new to fortigate products. Actually I have a fortigate 40C initially with fortiOS 4.0. Problems with log accurs when I upgraded the version from 4.0 to 5.0. The log is displayed from the memory but it dosn't exceed 2 pages! Has anyone met this problem before? and how to fix it?

Thank you in adavance

2 REPLIES 2
Dinesh_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

For the following FortiGate and FortiWiFi models, disk logging is disabled by default on v5.0 and Fortinet recommends logging to FortiCloud instead of logging to disk:

FortiGate---- FG-20C, FG-20C-ADSL-A, FG-40C, FG-60C, FG-60C-POE, FG-60D, FG-60D-POE, FG-80C, FG-80CM, FG-100D (PN: P09340-04 or earlier), FG-300C (PN: P09616-04 or earlier), FG-200B, FG-200B-POE (if flash is used as storage)

FortiWiFi---- FWF-20C, FWF-20C-ADSL-A, FWF-40C, FWF-60C, FWF-60CM, FWF-60CX-ADSLA, FWF-60D, FWF-60DM, FWF-60DX-ADSL-A, FWF-80C, FWF-80CM,

If you were logging to FortiCloud prior to upgrading to FortiOS version 5.0.11, the settings are retained and logging to FortiCloud continues to operate normally. If you were logging to disk prior to upgrading, logging to disk may be disabled during the upgrade process.

If required, you can enable disk logging from the CLI using the following command:

config log disk setting set status enable end

If you enable disk logging on the models listed above, the CLI displays a message reminding you that enabling disk logging impacts overall performance and reduces the lifetime of the unit.

-------------------------------

FGT memory logs will have minimum storage. So logs will be overwritten which is an expected behavior. Hence you are not able to see more logs.

You can use forticloud to store logs where 1 GB of storage is provided free.

Refer the below link to configure forticloud on FGT.

http://video.fortinet.com/video/56/forticloud-5-0

Regards,

Dinesh R

mylouch
New Contributor

Oh thank you for the detailed reply!  Actually I created a forticloud accound to which I will send logs. 

In log setting, I click on test connectivity but I get the attached message.(Normally the DLP archive must be checked). Even when I lunch the log portal it says that there is no management tunnel and manage quota is 0%  Do you have any idea about this problem and how to fix it?

Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors