Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aseques
New Contributor

Can't find any log related to wifi captive portal errors

I am having trouble with a user in my network that is trying the use a captive portal to login, he gets a constant login error in his mobile, altough he uses the proper password.

I was trying to diagnose it further, but I can't find any logs related to this, where should they be?

6 REPLIES 6
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

You should see them under WiFi Events if you enabled WiFi activity event under Log Settings/Event Logging.

aseques

Thanks Toshi, I have 'event logging -> ALL', but there aren't logs, it seems to me that it's the same issue as with the VPN logs (see here)

Might it be an issue with 5.6.x versions?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I just found out that with 5.6 those event categories like WiFi Events, VPN Events, etc. in the GUI is available if  remote logging methods are enabled, such as FortiAnalyzer/Manager or FortiCloud. Memory logging doesn't enable the view. Disk logging is no longer available with lower models so that's not an option either.

aseques

I have forticloud logging enabled, and I can see the logs there (I have always been able to do so), the problem is that those logs aren't present on local (at least most of the time).

My version is 5.6.3, what version are you on?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you have "Display Logs From" set to "FortiCloud" at Log Settings? Our 60D we have FortiAP connected still runs 5.4.8 since 5.6 has the zone config issue with vlans. I was checking the GUI menu with another LAB 60D with 5.6.5. So no real log on it.

aseques

toshiesumi wrote:

Do you have "Display Logs From" set to "FortiCloud" at Log Settings?

No I have i set to "Memory" forticloud is too slow and I can't watch realtime statistics.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors