Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MartinDoyle
New Contributor

Can't access locally hosted websites when VPN is connected

Hi All,

Absolute newby here.

I'm in the process of setting up a new home PC and notebook to replace aging components.  I am using the FortiClient 5.6.0.1075 to access my work network via a Fortigate 90D.  I am using IPSec connection.  The new and old PCs use exactly the same client.

The problem is that the old PCs access my work network fine, everything works as expected.  The new PC establish the VPN connection fine but neither are able to access locally hosted websites (windows IIS).  Access to everything else works - file server, remote access to other servers etc.  If I remotely connect to another server I can then use a web browser on that machine to access the local websites.  The old PCs both work and the new ones both don't.  All are running Windows 10 with all updates to the latest.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
nnair
Staff
Staff

Dear You need to configure the hairpin nat for this.
If the setup is working fine on the old pc then please check the policy for the newly connected pc.
Even if the policy is correct the please open a TAC case to check on the issue over a session to have better view.

tthrilok
Staff
Staff

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the query!

I understand once you connect to remote access VPN from your new machines, you are unable to access the webserver hosted internally. However if you take the remote of a local server and from there you are able to access the webserver.

I would like to confirm if on the new machines do you have any proxy configured?

If so, please disable the proxy and test.

Thank you!

Thallapelly Thrilok.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors