Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sid_dawg
New Contributor

CLI - Questions

Afternoon - all New role, I tasked with building a network map, would like to use the CLI: my question - cisco uses show running-config to show the whole configuration... is Fortinets: show full-configuration the same thing or too much more? does running this impact the Firewall if it' s a MFU? don' t want to crash the unit. its a 300c ver. 5build 0271 I' ve used sonic wall' s before, so far this seems similar, just more functionality. Thanks
sidney yoder
sidney yoder
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Sid. Welcome to the forums. A text copy of the fgt' s confg can be saved locally to your computer by using the System configuration backup from the Dashboard/License Information widget. (Do not enable " Encrypt configuration file" option.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

' show' displays all commands which are necessary to change the configuration from a factory reset into the current config. ' show full' displays all config commands including the defaults. Both do not cost much CPU, don' t worry. For an overview, getting the backup file is fine. Just remember that is mostly (99%) contains the ' show' output, not ' show full' . BTW, get the ' CLI Reference' from docs.fortinet.com it' s worth it.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors