Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lior
New Contributor III

C24JE AP Ethernet Ports Not working after FortiWifi reboots

Hi guys,

I have a Forti AP C24JE connected to a FortiWifi 60F unit.

after the FortiWifi reloads/boots for any reason the AP Ethernet ports do not work (wifi does work on the AP)

only the physical ports on the AP stops working until i reset the AP and then they start working again.

is there a fix for this issue?

as a workaround i thought to add in automation a trigger for "reboot" and send this command:

execute wireless-controller reset-wtp XXXXXXXXXXX

but when i run the command it asks for validation (Yes/No) and i can't figure how to send it without confirmation..

any advice would be great...

Thanks,

Lior

3 REPLIES 3
stoicism
New Contributor

Hi,

Did you ever get a response to this? I have the same issue but the ethernet ports stop eventually after a reboot so I can't trust them.

Since you posted this there has been a firmware update which I have and it doesn't help.

I am using POE to power the unit and was thinking of testing with an AC adapter instead to see if that has something to do with it.

Any further information?

Thanks,

Ken

lior
New Contributor III

Hi Ken,

My unit runs on AC and still facing this issue...

Sorry for the late reply :\

Did you find any solution to this?

Thanks,

Lior

stoicism
New Contributor

Hi Lior,

Unfortunately I didn't find an answer that would work every time so I replaced it with different model AP. I see that there has been a firmware update recently but haven't tested it.

Good luck,

Ken

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors